Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On The La's


Liam Gallagher has spoken to the NME Gold about the La's, and said that the band were as important to him as The Stones Roses.

"The La's were as important to me as The Stones Roses, without a doubt. Those two to me are like The Beatles and the Stones of my generation. Just as a frontman for me, and his look, Lee Mavers is up there with Ian brown. Amazing songwriter, but he was a proper, proper frontman as well. he's got a Marley thing. i think. I met him a few times, he's always a bit spikey and that, but I'm still intrigued by him, which is the most beautiful thing".

He added "He's gonna be like Prince when he pops his clogs: he's going to have like an Aladdin's cave, with all sorts of mad albums, but he just doesn't want to get caught up in all the razzamatazz, which is fair enough. The thing about lee Mavers is that he's not being bought. he's not for fucking sale. I love that about him. But at the same time , I wish we could hear more music by him. It's like 'All right, you're not for sale and you're not having a sale, but at least open the shop doors every now and again.'"

No comments