Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On His Love For 'The Verve'


Liam Gallagher has spoken to the NME Gold about one of his favourite bands The Verve, he said that he loved them and that they don't make bands like them anymore.

"The first time I saw The Verve was in Manchester, at the Hop & Grape or somewhere like that. They were fucking heavy in the early days. I loved touring with them with Oasis. Whereas we were a bit more punky, they were out there: more a jam thing. I just remember Ashcroft having his socks and shoes off and all that. I saw Richard recently, we were both doing a gig in Finland: he was on fire. His voice has got really gnarly. and he was on his hands and knees, good energy about him".

He added "A lot of people, proper verve heads, didn't like 'Urban Hymns' but I think there's some amazing songs on that. Before they didn't have that 'Blue' is an amazing song, but all the songs on 'Urban Hymns' are great. I remember when it was kicking off for them, we were in America, and hearing about it. It was like. 'What's going on with this? better get back to England and sort this shit out.' But I loved them, I really did. They don't make them like that anymore."

 NME Gold: Liam Gallagher is on sale now.

No comments