Breaking News

Roger Daltrey Would Like Noel Gallagher To Take Charge Of Organising The Teenage Cancer Trust Concerts


The Who‘s Roger Daltrey has revealed that in a few years he’s hoping to ‘hand over the reigns’ of booking Teenage Cancer Trust gigs to ‘one of the younger mob’ – and he’s considering Noel Gallagher.

This year marks the 17th anniversary of Teenage Cancer Trust gigs being held at the Royal Albert Hall – seeing likes of Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Suede, Depeche Mode and many more all perform in aid of the charity. Daltrey and bandmate Pete Townsend have been involved in putting the gigs together every year. However, it looks like he’s thinking about passing the baton on to someone else in 2020.

“I’d like to do 20 years and that’d be enough for me,” Daltrey told NME. “I’ll probably hand it over to Noel [Gallagher] or someone. One of the younger mob.”

He continued: “I think in three years time, it’ll be time for me to hand over to er to find someone else to pick up my reigns.  I’m sure there’ll be someone be there to do it. I will warn them that it’s much more work than they’d think it is. But it’s the most rewarding work that you’ll ever do, not financially or in anything like that, but it fills you up with something money can’t buy. It’s amazing.”

Source: www.nme.com

No comments