Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Says The Chances Of An Oasis Reunion Is Absolutely Nil













Give up hope, Britpop fans: The chances of an Oasis reunion are absolutely nil, according to guitarist Noel Gallagher. No way, no how. Read on to see what happened when Rolling Stone  asked Noel – who left the band in 2009 after yet another quarrel with his brother Liam – about his plans for the upcoming 20th anniversary of Oasis' classic debut album.

Definitely Maybe will be 20 years old next summer.

That's correct!

Do you think you’ll do anything to celebrate the anniversary?

Well, there would be the inevitable reissues, I would’ve thought. But are you asking, are the band going to get onstage and have a blast through “Rock 'n' Roll Star” somewhere, like the Philippines or something?

Well you could do it anywhere. 

I think I’d rather not, though.

Why not?

I don’t know. We are split up. You’ve heard that, haven’t you? You must’ve heard.

I did hear that, yeah.

Yeah, so, ergo, band splits up, band is no more. There is no band. So, no, I won’t be getting involved, anyway. If there is a reunion, I won’t be in it.

Are you getting tired of answering questions about this?

No, I only answer about six a day, so it’s under control. I understand people will never stop asking until it happens. I know that that’s how it goes.

Are you still proud of Definitely Maybe, when you look back?

Of course. I’m proud of everything that we ever did. I mean, some songs are pretty shit, and there’s a couple of periods you’d rather forget, but I think on the whole… I think we made three great albums and four good ones, which is not bad out of eight. Kind of a 50 percent record. That’s pretty good, I think.

But I’m cool with it. I don’t think there’s any unfinished business. I don’t think that we left anything unsaid, do you know what I mean? It’s like, if you’ve seen [Oasis], then good for you. If you didn’t, then that’s fucking tough shit. I’ve never seen the Beatles. So there you go.

Source: www.rollingstone.com

Check out the current collection from Pretty Green's AW13 collection here.

No comments