Breaking News

Russell Brand Would Want A 'Taxidermied Noel Gallagher' On Desert Island














Russell Brand has told BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs programme that if he were to become stranded he'd want a stuffed Noel Gallagher as his luxury item.

When asked by presenter Kirsty Young what item he’d want with him to make his life more bearable, Brand asked: "You can't take a person, can you? I can't take Noel Gallagher as a luxury item, as a minstel?" Young replied: "You could take him stuffed." Brand then said: "That’s the perfect thing. I'd like a taxidermied Noel Gallagher, perhaps somehow misrepresented – like wearing one of Liam’s jackets."

Later he added: "I've got my stuffed Noel Gallagher to worship and dress up, if I want to. I can do what I like to him. It’ll be a mockery of that man on that island."

For his eight musical choices, the comedian and actor picked:

Amy Winehouse – 'You Know I’m No Good'
Daniel Johnston – 'Like A Monkey In A Zoo'
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – 'Red Right Hand'
The Libertines – 'Tell The King'
Ravi Shankar With Family & Friends – 'I Am Missing You'
Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip – 'Thou Shalt Always Kill'
Nirinjan Kaur – 'Triple Mantra'
Morrissey – 'Now My Heart is Full'

Earlier this year, Brand performed with Noel Fielding for the Teenage Cancer Trust Show at London's Royal Albert Hall as part of a week of events organised by Gallagher. During the show, Brand played a video recorded at Gallagher's house, which showed the singer's children punching a Brand face mask while shouting, "I hate Russell Brand!"

Source: www.nme.com

No comments