Breaking News

Noel Gallagher I Thought Sacking Roberto Mancini Was Harsh















Former Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher has hit out at Manchester City's decision to sack manager Roberto Mancini.

The Italian oversaw Premier League triumph last season and also brought the FA Cup to the Etihad Stadium in2011, the club's first major trophy in 34 years, but was fired on Monday after failing to meet his targets for the campaign.

"He obviously didn't get on with a lot of people but I thought it was harsh," Gallagher told Absolute Radio at the Ivor Novello Awards.

"I think they should have given him another year. I was shocked, I've got to say."

The outspoken Mancunian, who in in July 2012 launched the club's new kit, added: "When you own the club and you've got to go you've got to go and that's it.

"He obviously didn't get on with a lot of people but I was a bit shocked.

"[Manuel] Pellegrini seems to have got the job," he concluded of the Chilean, who is expected to be unveiled at the Etihad Stadium before long.

Source: herefordtimes.com

No comments