Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On Bumping Into Brother Noel















The feud between Liam and Noel Gallagher is one of the most turbulent and volatile in modern music (bar some of the insane gangsta rap beef you see every now and then), so when the pair met after Beady Eye performed at the London 2012 Olympics last year, you’d expect to hear that sparks were flying and that maybe even a sly punch was thrown.

Well, actually, it turns out the pair didn’t have the ultimate show many would have predicted - and Liam has described the scene as ‘more Montel than Jeremy Kyle’!

While it may seem hard to believe, Liam insists that he wasn’t drunk (he was only four Champagne bottles deep), and described the meeting as ‘alright’ - before comparing it to American talk-show Montel, rather than ‘chav’ program Jeremy Kyle.

[Bumping into Noel] was all right,” Liam told Shortlist. “I wasn’t that pissed actually, I’d only had like… four bottles of champagne. I thought I was pretty pleasant, you know what I mean? I said, ‘What do you make of that then, you f*cker?’ And he went, ‘Uh, yeah, it was all right.’ Then I said, ‘I seen your mates there, they said to say hello,’ and he went ‘Who?’ and I said, ‘Take That,’ and he went, ‘Urggh.’”

He continued: “Well, it wasn't Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle. It was more Montel. Montel is cool as fuck. At least he knows what he's talking about. D'you know what I mean? You can't have one chav telling another chav to wind his neck in, can you? Montel's a fucking dude: he's been there, seen it. And he wears fucking polo necks in front of a live studio audience.”

He went on to talk about the Beady Eye track ‘Don’t Brother Me’, which he confesses is about Noel.

Well, it just sounds shit, 'Don't Sister Me', doesn't it? Especially when I haven't got a sister. I could've tried to call it something else, but that's what it is... And that is it. It's a lovely fucking song. There's a lot of love in there, but there's also a couple of - humorous, I think - digs.

“There's nothing malicious in there, 'cos it's not in my nature. I wish I could write a malicious one - you'd fucking know about it if I could - but I couldn't. I'm joking, man. But I couldn't. And 'You, You Cunt' sounds shit, doesn't it? Plus he's heard that one before. Everyone's heard that before.”

Source: www.stereoboard.com

No comments