Breaking News

Burscough FC Fans Hope To Get Noel Gallagher To Victoria Park













Rock legend Noel Gallagher shocked Burscough FC fans last week by declaring his desire to manage the club.

The former Oasis star revealed he would like to take control of the Linnets should his busy schedule allow him time to try football management.

The Supporters’ Club now hope to get Gallagher down to Victoria Park to watch a game.

High Flying Birds frontman Gallagher was discussing his beloved Manchester City when he name-dropped Burscough FC in an interview with radio station Talksport.

Asked if he ever fancied himself in the dugout at a “little non-league club” Gallagher said: “I would be brilliant at it.”

“There is no question I would be really good at it. I am a leader of men,” he added.
When asked if he could fit such a role into his hectic schedule if a non-league side made contact, the 45-year-old replied: “Burscough.

“I could do it. I can see me with the long coat on saying 'don't call me gaffer' and 'get your haircut'.”

The comments have caused a stir amongst Burscough supporters who hope to raise the club's profile on the back of the revelation.

Keith Forshaw, a member of the Burscough FC Supporters' Club, was astounded when he heard of the star's comments.

He said: “I was surprised and bemused when I heard the news. My son-in-law told me after hearing it round the village – I couldn't believe it.

“We are not quite sure of the connection but it is great to be linked to such a well-known celebrity and football fan. It has been great publicity for Burscough FC. The news spread like wildfire and everybody knows – it's certainly made us part of the conversation of the community.

“It would be great to get him down so we are trying to invite him to come to Victoria Park for a game and see what he thinks of it over here.

“Everybody knows of his links to Man City, but it is always nice to see people showing an interest in the lower end of the football pyramid.

“It would be great to get him involved at the club.”

Source: www.osadvertiser.co.uk

No comments