Breaking News

Metallica's Lars Ulrich: 'I'd Love To Drum In Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'













Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has said that he would love to play in Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

The sticksman, whose band will be touring Europe this summer playing their 1991 self-titled album, commonly known as 'The Black Album', from start to finish, told NME that he would love to get behind the kit for the former Oasis man.

Asked if he would like to play as part of the High Flying Birds, Ulrich said: "I'm hard pressed to think of anyone I would rather drum with than Noel Gallagher. I have to say the fellow with the Clockwork Orange get up at the back is doing a stellar job, when I saw them in L.A in December it was fabulous. You know, if Noel and the other 37,000 drummers on this planet turn him down I'll certainly play with him."

Ulrich went on to say that although he wasn't sure Gallagher would take him seriously, he reckoned he'd do a solid job for the High Flying Birds. He added: "I'm certainly not sure he'd ever want to pick me, but I'd put together a pretty solid groove thing back there. I'd make the songs bounce to the best of my ability. Although I'm not sure he'd take me quite seriously."

The drummer also spoke about Mission To Lars, a new documentary film which follows Metallica fan Tom Spicer as he tries to meet Ulrich, who is his musical hero.

read the full article here.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments