Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: 'UK Is A Disaster'


Noel Gallagher is appalled at recent events in the U.K., insisting economic crisis, the death of Amy Winehouse, and the phone hacking scandal have turned his native country into a "disaster movie".

The former Oasis rocker spent much of the summer (11) in the U.S. and he looked on aghast as a series of scandals and tragedies blighted Britain, leading to calls for an overhaul of the country's social fabric.

Gallagher agrees desperate measures are needed to tackle the issue - but he is adamant the problem runs so deep, only a fictional superhero such as Batman could fix it.
He tells Q magazine, "(When I'm away) I miss the family. And, well, I feel like I'm watching a disaster movie when the news from home comes on the TV. Amy Winehouse dies - what a f**king waste of life and talent, eh?

"The Euro seems to be dying. Every person you can think of's phone has been hacked into. The police are in on it. I mean, what the f**k is going on, man? We need Batman to come down and sort it all out, we really do."

The rocker is also surprised he didn't fall victim to a phone hacker working for the now defunct News of the World tabloid, because even British soccer pundit Andy Gray was targeted.

Gallagher adds, "The phone hacking scandal p**sed me off actually. There was a part of me thinking, 'Andy f**king Gray is having his phone hacked and not me?' That's the final insult. I must have infinitely more interesting phone messages than Andy Gray."

Source: www.contactmusic.com

No comments