Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Says Brother Liam Had A Great Rock Voice













Noel Gallagher says Chris Martin and his band's headline slot at this year's Glastonbury was one of their best.

Speaking to 6 Music's Steve Lamacq, he said: "I got half way through it and said to the missus, 'They are having the gig of their lives here'.

"It was pretty spectacular and the way they lit up the pyramid on the Pyramid Stage, that means no one else can ever do it now."

Noel's comments about Jay-Z and Glastonbury a few years back meant some assumed he was no longer a fan of the festival but nothing could be further from the truth:

"Glastonbury is a one off, the rest of the festivals with all the best will in the world are just big gigs in fields," according to Noel.

"Glastonbury is a festival in the truest sense, the music is secondary to your festival experience, you could go there for 3 days and not see one single band and have a great time."

Noel and his High Flying Birds are on tour this October, having just added three extra dates. Unlike Beady Eye, he will be playing Oasis songs:

"There's only 10 tracks on the album. That's only 42 minutes, so I don't have enough material to not do Oasis songs," he explained.

"I don't really see them as Oasis songs now, I wrote those songs myself, they are my songs."

However, there are a number of Oasis tracks that you won't be hearing at his solo gigs:

"I couldn't do Supersonic, Rock n Roll star or Cigarettes and Alcohol or Champagne Supernova or Lyla.

Noel continued: "The more rock ones I would never attempt to do because Liam had such a great rock voice, that is a shame those songs will never be heard for the foreseeable future.

"I think it's sad because they were great stadium anthems but we've all got to move on, I might do a jazz fusion version of them."

Noel also told Lammo plenty of offers were on the table after Oasis split up for Noel to write his autobiography:

"I went for a few meetings with people out of politeness who were offering me silly amounts of money," he explained.

"I didn't want to write about my life in Oasis because my life with the Inspiral Carpets was equally as valid. It's all part of the story and the story ain't finished yet.

"You can't write an autobiography at 44. What happens to me in the next 15 years is going to be equally as interesting."

You can listen to Steve Lamacq's full interview with Noel Gallagher here.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

No comments