Breaking News

Miles Kane On The Gallagher's











Miles Kane has spoken about working with both Noel and Liam Gallagher recently.

Falling out just one time too many, Noel and Liam Gallagher have not spoken since that fateful day in France. However the animosity between the two has not affected several people from cross no man's land.

The new members of Beady Eye apparently remain close to Noel Gallagher, while Miles Kane has worked with both brothers. Gallagher Snr popped into the studio to lay down backing vocals on his new album, while the Liverpool singer has just completed a stint on tour with Beady Eye.

Speaking to Absolute Radio, Miles Kane down-played Noel Gallagher's contribution to his new material. "Again that’s a thing the press blow out of the water, but I was mixing my record and he came down one afternoon to hang out, and I was going to put these harmonies on and he ended up doing it" he explained.

"I just met him a couple of times really and it was just one of them things where I was mixing, he was about and came in to say hello and had a Kit Kat and a coffee and sang a bit of BVs, you know."

Meanwhile, Miles Kane also enjoyed his time with Beady Eye. "It was great, you know, we had the time of our lives there. You know, it was an honour to get asked and we had a great time and the gigs were good."

However despite working with both sides of the Gallagher divide, Miles Kane retains a special affection for Welsh singer Gruff Rhys. "Before making this record we was on a bit of a come-down and he sort of gave me a boost real early on when I went in to do my first recording session on my own. It was just me, him, and Craig Silvey, and this drummer that he got in, and we recorded a song called King Crawler and Take the Night From Me that are on the record, and that was the first thing I did. You know, when you’re listening back to it you thought ‘Well this just sounds amazing’, so I always thank him for that”.

“When I was whatever, 14, 15. I think Super Furry Animals was one of the first gigs me and my mate bought a ticket for and you waited ages to go, you know, you went and then it’s the first time you scored the mosh pit or whatever. You know, even bought a t-shirt, and when I got home my mother said I was never the same since really, and it did change my life, man.”

The interview with Miles Kane will be broadcast on Absolute Radio on May 9th.

Source: www.clashmusic.com

No comments