Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Is On Football Focus Again This Weekend












We've had plenty of comments and emails about the interview since Saturday - the vast majority of them being positive. Some asked why we would even want to speak to him but I think he's one of those people who you listen to even if you know what he says will make you angry.

He certainly plays up to the image of a rockstar but he was much wittier than I expected. You don't have to be called Sebastian (as he suggested in the interview) to be offended by some of his language but he has a good sense of humour and a sharp tongue.

Some people suggested I looked a little scared during the interview which I find a bizarre. I like interviewing people who make you work for the answers and a bit of confrontation goes a long way to making something watchable. I also maintain that there is nothing wrong with
the occasional tucked shirt! Having said that, I do take the point of the guy who tweeted me to say that if you're going to interview a style guru, with the hottest clothing line on the high street, you might want to iron your shirt!

Mark Woodward, the producer, did have to spend quite a bit of time editing out the choice language and there were some things Liam said - and did - that we couldn't put out even on a post-watershed version of Focus.

That said, I thought his opinions on City, Mancini, United, Rooney and football in general were well worth the airtime and, even if you're Gary Neville's biggest fan, his take on the former Manchester United defender brought a little smile to most faces.

Once the interview was over Liam had another dig at my shirt before saying he might bump into me at Wembley on Saturday. We didn't see each other at the Manchester derby but I'm sure he enjoyed himself.

Before we left I asked him for a picture for the blog. "Don't do that rock & roll face" I said "otherwise I'll look like the school prefect sitting next to the cool kid." "You do your face, I'll do mine" he replied. Sadly he did produce the rock & roll face leaving me to look like a slightly over-medicated buffoon.

Mr Gallagher features again on the show this week, with some rather interesting Premier League Predictions. He also has some style advice for the man he's talking on, so definitely worth a watch at our earlier time of 1145 BST.

Watch the interview from last week here.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

No comments