Breaking News

Jay- Z Drops Oasis-Taunting “Jockin’ Jay-Z” From His New Album



Jay-Z has dropped two tracks that were originally destined for his new album Blueprint 3, the Oasis-taunting “Jockin’ Jay-Z” and Santigold-sampling “Brooklyn Go Hard,” won’t be making the album’s final track list.

Speaking recently to Radio 1's Zane Lowe about his much talked-about headline performance at the 2008 Glastonbury festival was all about breaking down barriers.

His performance caused a media storm after Noel Gallagher said it was "wrong" to have a hip hop headliner.

Jay-Z opened his set with a cover of the Oasis' Wonderwall and playing along with a guitar.

He told Zane: "I felt like breaking down the barriers. There's a few people that wanted to see the concert and everything in its traditional form but that's not the way of the world.

"It felt like once I got to the people, they were excited. I had to be good. I was so focused on that. Just to really perform and put it out there."

Speaking of his surprising stint on the guitar, he said: "I was actually backstage trying to get that little piece together 10 minutes before the show.

"I should've practiced. I wanted to at least act like the chords were right."

Jay-Z said that he's still a huge fan of Wonderwall.

"We always play it," he said. "I have a restaurant called the Spotted Pig. We have this small room, it's like a back room, about 100 people can fit in there and we play it all the time and we just go crazy."

The Devendra Banhart remix of '(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady' and the Liam Gallagher-penned 'I Believe In All' and 'The Boy With The Blues' are now available to buy on iTunes.

No comments