Breaking News

Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere





Taken from Noel's Tour Diary for oasisinet.com

Now then. Been lost in the city for the last few days. Lots to tell. Where do we start?

Neil Young was fuckin' awesome. Outrageous even. The last true living legend. 63 years of age and he fuckin' smashed it. He finished his set with not one single string left on his axe! NOT ONE!! Immense.

Snowing again here. Had a sore head yesterday. Proper drink the night before. At the Beatrice Inn. Nice gaff. Typical NYC bar though. Pitch black. Strange people. Very tall.

I met a guy. French he was. Comes up to me and sez in a perfect Inspector Clouseau accent, "Do you remember me? We met in Camden town 15 years ago. I asked you for a light and you punched me in the throat and said, 'Go and fuck yourself, you fuckin' tourist!!' You don't remember?"

My missus is in town. Done a bit of freewheelin' round the Village yesterday. Got serenaded with Stevie Wonder's "Just Enough For The City" by a homeless (pretty good version actually). Shopped a bit for various kids.

Met up with Cool Prophet and Tall Scratch. Few drinks in the hotel bar and bedways.

Just leaving town for Philadelphia. 2 more gigs and that's it.

Looking forward to getting home. City are in crisis. They need me.

In a bit.

GD.

Source: www.oasisinet.com

No comments