Breaking News

Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere





Taken from Noel's tour diary for oasisinet.com

Got that organ. Very fuckin' cool. Had to go to the guy's house to get it. Don't think I've ever been to an American's actual house. Can't remember being anyway. They do like a flashing, garden-bound x.mas decoration over here, don't they? They love the old Stars'n'Stripes too, eh? Every fuckin' house has got one on the porch (just in case one forgets where one is)!

Watched a couple of great documentaries about a couple of unsavoury American characters of the late 60s, early 70s. 1st one was about Jim Jones and the People's Temple (Google him, I can't be arsed explaining who he was).

The other one was about Charles Manson - whose bullshit, hippy rhetoric about revolution, free love and sex orgies reminds me (funnily enough) of my mate Russell Brand!

Great films though.

Talking of greatness, if you're wondering what to ask Santa for x.mas, ask him for an album called "A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding In Your Mind (Vol 1. Space Rock)". It's a compilation album by someone called "The Amorphous Androgynous" (I'd hazard a guess that's a made-up name). I've had it on in the dressing room for a month now. It's one of the best things I've ever, ever heard. Go and find it NOW! It'll blow your tiny little minds.

In a bit.

GD.

P.S. Did you see that Arab slinging his flip-flops at Georgie-boy-Bush? Genius. Reminded me of what it's like playing "The Barra" in Glasgow!

Source: www.oasisinet.com

No comments