Breaking News

Russell Brand Quits Radio Show













Russell Brand has resigned from his Radio 2 show over prank calls he made with Jonathan Ross to the actor Andrew Sachs.

The comic said he took complete responsibility and that due to the strong public reaction, he thought it was only right he stopped doing the show.

He said: "I got a bit caught up in the moment and forgot that at the core of the rude comments and silly songs were the real feelings of a beloved and brilliant comic actor".

Mr Brand also lent his support to Jonathan Ross and said that he now hoped "Jonathan and the BBC will endure less forensic wrath".

He addded "I've loved working for the BBC and am very proud of the shows myself, Matt Morgan, Nic Philps, Mr Gee and Noel Gallagher have made and I apologise to all of them for damaging their careers - except Noel, whose band are doing quite well."

Watch the full statement here.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

1 comment

Anonymous said...

wow...omg. this is ridiculous. Okkay can someone explain to me why this was such a big deal. I live in Canada so I don't understand at all why this got so bad that he has to quit!