Breaking News

Zak Starkey Is In LA




















Fresh from praising The Zutons to the heights before the Capital of Culture launch, it seems Ringo Starr just can’t get enough of the Scouse indie stars.

The former Beatle popped in for a surprise visit to see the band, who are currently in Los Angeles, recording the follow-up to the multi-platinum selling albums Who Killed The Zutons? and Tired Of Hanging Around.

The album is being recorded at Sunset Sound Studios, and Ringo thought he’d make a spur of the moment stop off to say hello while visiting son Zak Starkey, who is in town mixing the forthcoming Oasis album.

“I was sitting outside when my jaw dropped cos Ringo had just pulled up in front of me. I was proper shocked and ran over to him and gave him a big hug,” says stunning saxophonist Abi Harding.

“He came in and talked to us a bit. He said he liked the way I played sax, so I was made up all day. It was boss to meet him.”

Source: www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

No comments