Breaking News

This Much I Know
















Meg Mathews

Interior designer, 41, London

I first met Noel [Gallagher] in London in 1994. Definitely Maybe was out but it hadn't gone crazy yet. He was going out with my flatmate at the time, which made it all a bit difficult.

I remember Liam and Noel's squabbling and moodiness. The only way to guarantee they would be happy was to get Peggy [their mother] down.

The Oasis Knebworth concerts were very happy days for me. It was the biggest gig of their lives and that morning Noel went missing. Everyone was worried. He'd gone to a jeweller and bought me a Cartier watch with the inscription 'Forever and a day'. I've kept it for Anais.

People think I named my daughter after the perfume Anais Anais. The perfume company even sent me a lifetime supply! But I named her after the writer Anais Nin. She had an amazing time in Paris in the Twenties - hanging out with Hemingway, smoking opium, orgies, drink...

I thought 'Wonderwall' was about me. It was for a while. Then when we got divorced he took it away. He said it wasn't about me. But it's his song so he decides.

I've been back to Supernova Heights since David Walliams bought it. It was a bit eerie at first. So much happened there. I can still see one of the Charlatans breaking his leg falling down the limestone floating staircase.

I never got over my divorce. That's what I discovered in rehab. I was trying so hard to be strong and say 'I'm fine' and it caught up with me. It's still the longest relationship I've had.

Me and Noel are fine now. I couldn't see myself growing old with him... not the happiest of people.

Read the full interview here

Source: www.guardian.co.uk

Click here for information on how to win a rare Oasis vinyl...

No comments